Friday, November 18, 2011

HOW I SHOP BLACK FRIDAY

So, I got out EVERY year for Black Friday. I love it! The excitement of getting up early and beating all of the people! It's so much fun! I get that Adrenalin rush just knowing...I will always get what I want. Now you are asking how? Well, here is what I have learned. If you think the store opens up at 5:00 am and you are going to get there in line at 4:45, plus get what you want....think again! You will be lucky to get what you want. The line will wrap around the store or inside the store. People like me get there at around 2:00 am or even earlier to get in line.

You are saying...I can't get up that early! Well, I do every year and I most always get a choice of a line I want to get it. I sometimes take someone with me and put them in a line, while I stand in the other line. It works!

Here is my schedule every Black Friday:

  • 2:00 am: get up, throw on my clothes/hat & head out the door.
  • 2:30 am: Go to Meijers. I LOVE Meijers! A lot of there items are right out in the open so, I can throw them in my cart early on. Then I get in line for the items I want. I usually am about the 2nd- 4th person in line. Therefore, I will get the item I need.
  • 5:00am: Head directly to the line ASAP. I usually don't have much of a wait if I go quick.
  • 5:10 am: Head to Target, get in line. I most always know of a main item I want at Target, I go directly to that item and RUN....once the door opens. Grab my item and head to the Cash Register QUICK! If you wait to long, the line will wrap around the store so, you have to move FAST! Have someone go get in line for you and then jump in. That helps to.
  • 6:00 am. I decide where I want to go next, usually the Mall. They have awesome deals, especially on clothing. You will be in line for a while. So, like above...when you know you are close to being done, have someone get in line.
After I get done at the mall. It's time for Breakfast! After Breakfast, I may go to a few more selected places. I usually am always back home by 12:00.

One word of advice. If you are in a long line...waiting to get an item...DO NOT let anyone cut! People are out there watching and get ticked. Plus...do not cut either. I had a guy one year bump me hard as I was going through the register line. I had no idea...why? I found out later, I had some people cut with me. He threatened them in the store and told them he would meet them outside. So, be careful! People are crazy on Black Friday. If you are having someone save you a spot for the register, there usually aren't to many people that would get upset. As long as you don't pop in line with a huge cart. I only do that if I have 1 or 2 items.

My next post will be how to save on Black Friday. So, keep an eye out. :D

1 comment:

  1. I can't do it. One I can't get up at 2 am, just to go shopping in the cold weather. (Grant it, I live in Florida and it doesn't get as cold as other states). But #2, is I can't deal with the heavy crowds like that. My anxiety kicks in and I feel claustrophobic. (Like being in a crowded elevator with no air coming through). I would rather wait till the crowds are gone and see what's left over.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts